Fourteen Years of my youth as your fan

"In all my fourteen years as a supporter of yours, it's been some time since I had done what a typical fan would do, having their eyes glued to the screen in every single match of yours, stayed by through every victory and defeat. Yet to follow the news religiously on where you'd been, where you would have your next game at, your promotion to team captain at both club and international level after Raul's departure year ago, I recall how I would wake up in the wee hours to watch you through the ninety minutes of the finals and how you graced the game with every single trophy that was won and had their medal in your cabinet.

As I don your jersey this very moment before the finals of UEFA champions league 2013/2014, I'd never forget the lengths I went to for the very sake of getting the jersey I had been eyeing for years, as you went through the many different games, every single flight and journey was worth the mile and penny, though I would look back at times and wonder at how I could be such a devoted fan since the age of 10.

It's been a good fourteen years that have mellowed the then 19 year old into the reliable and mature captain of Real Madrid C.F. Nevertheless, with all my fingers crossed, I hope you would bring the long awaited UEFA champions league home into your trophy cabinet after such a long drought. We've all waited twelve years to lift the trophy again, & I'm sure you do too. With all the courage I've garnered to pen this for you, may the blessed Virgin Mary bestow you with all the luck and faith for the title."